Do recruiters look at your LinkedIn profile and quickly move on to the next candidate? Do new customers or prospective clients look at your profile before meeting with you and find something that connects them to you emotionally? The truth is, you don’t really know. But you can optimize your chances with:
- A headline that grabs their attention and makes them want to learn more about you..
- A great photo of the Professional You.
- A summary that smoothly combines your WHAT and your HOW, with plenty of keywords that don’t feel stuffed into the box.
- An Experience section that tells readers about each job. Job Descriptions aren’t enough: Tell the reader what your challenges were; what actions you took to overcome them; and what your results were. Show them the impact you made.
Your LinkedIn profile is really NOT your story. It’s about helping prospective employers picture what you can do for THEM. It’s about helping prospective clients or customers get excited about working with you. I can also help you refine your other personal-marketing collateral or strengthen your resume. I can also help your college-age son or daughter create a professional online presence that will help them as they look for jobs and internships.
Here are a few of the questions I’ll ask you before we get to work:
- What is your elevator speech?
- What are the 3-5 things you would like people saying about you (e.g., skill sets, strengths, personality traits)?
- If your previous manager said, “Find me a YOUR NAME type,” what would Human Resources be looking for?
- What is your superpower?
- What problems do you solve for employers or clients?
Fill out the contact form below, hit Submit, and I’ll get back to you within 1-2 business days. If you don’t have a website, send me your LinkedIn URL.